We provide a unique service for converting compiled Microsoft® Access files back to their original source files. Key features:
- We can convert an MDE file back to MDB format, including all VBA source code
- Or we can convert an ACCDE file back to ACCDB format, including all VBA source code
- The VBA source code we recover is complete and functionally equivalent to the original
- We recover all Access objects (forms, reports, macros, VBA code, tables, queries, etc.)
- The recovered VBA code includes all original procedure and variable names
- Cost is from as little as USD $450* (typically much cheaper than a re-write)
- Average project turn-around time: 1-3 business days
*The cost for this service depends on the complexity of the VBA code. A free quote is provided.
We've been offering this service since 2006, and from being the only provider offering this service worldwide, we have done work for some of the largest organisations in the world. Having established a fantastic reputation in the Microsoft® Access community, you can be assured that we will treat your project with the care and attention that it deserves.
Please note: we can offer this service only to those that own the intellectual property.
FAQ: What's the quality of the reverse engineered source code like?
- We retain the original procedure names
- We retain the original variable names and data types
- The resultant source code is 100% functionally equivalent to the original code
Click here for an example of the quality of recovered VBA code
Although the resultant source code is very close to the original code, some minor cosmetic differences will occur. For example, if you originally wrote a 'Do... Loop' statement, it might be come back as a 'While... Wend' loop instead, although we always make sure that it functions exactly the same.
The one downside to this approach is that it is impossible to recover the original developer comments. These are no longer stored in the compiled file and therefore cannot be recovered by any means.
More Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ: What's the cost for the conversion?
The cost is largely dependant on the complexity of the compiled VBA project in your software. We provide a free no-obligation quote on request
More Frequently Asked Questions
Legal & ethical restrictions
We are well aware that some developers assume that this service we offer is a threat to their development businesses. This is completely untrue
. Put simply:
We only take on conversion projects when our clients can prove beyond any reasonable doubt that they are the true owners of any intellectual property and copyrights of the application in question.
We research our clients and the applications thoroughly. If there is any ambiguity as to who wrote the original application or who owns the IP or copyrights, then we simply refuse to take on the project.
In all circumstances every effort will be taken to contact the legal owner and/or original developer before reverse engineering a project. If we cannot get in touch with these people, then we will refuse to take on such a project.
For concerned developers that want to prevent decompiling MDE files, please see our product MDE Source Code Protector Terms of service